2ULaundry and LaundroLab are on a mission to create time for the world to focus on the things that matter most - and that probably isn’t laundry! We’re a rapidly growing startup that is rewriting the rules around this time-consuming task by building two complementary brands. With our convenient pick-up and drop-off service and modern, inviting laundromats, we provide people with an effortless and convenient solution to laundry and dry cleaning to give them back time because as we all know, time is valuable.
We are seeking a Director of Franchise Development to lead all aspects of building a world-class network of franchise partners for our LaundroLab brand. This is a traditional business development role that is responsible for prospecting, recruiting, qualifying, and ultimately committing new franchise partners to multi-unit store agreements in strategic markets across the country.
As the first internal Franchise Development hire, you will start by setting up an effective mutual evaluation process in order to attract, educate, and award licenses to strategic franchise partners in strategic markets across the country. You will drive momentum for the entire organization, ultimately helping us achieve our mission of building a nationally recognized brand by establishing the nation’s best, most reliable clothing care company.
This role directly reports to our Chief Growth Officer.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of the Director of Franchise Development?
- Lead Generation:
- Meet or exceed an internal franchisee acquisition cost as set out in our objectives and key results
- Work closely with our marketing department to provide feedback on the various advertising and lead generation sources we use to ensure a healthy pipeline of qualified franchise candidates
- Manage the annual lead generation budget to ensure that LaundroLab is investing in the right mediums and channels to drive new store growth
- Develop and execute on an effective outreach strategy to attract multi-unit operators of existing successful retail franchise brands
- Mutual Evaluation Process:
- Convert qualified leads to personal profile applications above industry standards and in a timely manner
- Set up and utilize a CRM platform (FranConnect) to ensure proper documentation throughout the candidate qualification & onboarding process.
- Manage Franchise candidates through the entire six-stage Mutual Evaluation Process (Introduction, Education, Planning, Commitment, Legal, Awarded)
- Track, evaluate, and react to our current pipeline and progress during each stage of our process
- Work closely with your team to create and update the analytics and scorecards for reporting and tracking
- Receive feedback and generate ideas to increase franchise candidate engagement
- Travel to meet prospects in person as needed as well as attending both candidate laundry days in Charlotte and consultant conferences nationwide
- Manage the Laundry Day events to ensure that the internal LaundroLab team understands their roles and responsibilities to deliver a five-star candidate Laundry Day.
- Ensure the standard franchise and development agreements are negotiated within the brand standards to ensure long-term success for the brand
- Strategy & Compliance
- Support in managing the annual updates to our Franchise Disclosure Document in partnership with other functional leaders in the company
- Ensure that every franchise candidate is properly disclosed with Federal and State disclosure requirements and the proper documentation is created to track disclosures
- Provide weekly pipeline reports to senior leadership so there is a clear and concise understanding of deal flow progression
- Act as a cross-functional expert for our LaundroLab brand internally to build an effective communication stream that will help us iterate and evolve our processes as an emerging brand
Who is the ideal Director of Franchise Development?
- You’re an authentic people person that can naturally build a rapport with almost anyone. You leave a lasting impression on everyone you meet no matter the outcome
- You’re confident, not cocky. Your ego is left at the door.
- You’re competitive and you want to win. Exceeding your quality-focused goals mean everything to you and you understand the impact you have on the momentum of the company.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. No question goes unanswered and you follow up in a timely and professional manner.
What are the requirements for the Director of Franchise Development?
- At least 5+ years of Franchise Development experience, who has been a part of the development of a fast-growing franchise brand
- Excel at delivering a world-class mutual evaluation process, to recruit the best candidates that will become world-class franchise partners
- Proven track record of building a network of strategic franchise partners that have successfully met and exceeded development agreements for other retail franchise brands
- Existing relationships with other brands and broker networks in the industry
- Experience building a process from the ground up
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Have thorough knowledge of and the ability to be committed to the culture and values of the company with a high level of ownership mentality
What are the perks of being the Director of Franchise Development?
- Ability to get in on the ground floor and have a significant impact at one of Charlotte’s fastest-growing franchise companies
- Direct and regular access to thought leaders in the startup, franchising, and laundry industries
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited PTO policy that our employees actually use!
- Working with a supportive, driven team working to build our startup into a nationally recognized brand
- Free laundry!
2ULaundry and LaundroLab are equal opportunity employers. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment representative of a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Employment is decided solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.