2ULaundry and LaundroLab are on a mission to create time for the world to focus on the things that matter most - and that probably isn’t laundry! We’re a rapidly growing startup that is rewriting the rules around this time-consuming task by building two complementary brands. With our convenient pick-up and drop-off service and modern, inviting laundromats, we provide people with an effortless and convenient solution to laundry and dry cleaning to give them back time because as we all know, time is valuable.
The Senior Software Engineer Role:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be a leader on an agile team and responsible for building the best possible solutions to real world problems. Solutions should be on time and sufficient to solve the problem as completely as possible. Additionally this person must support other developers with technical guidance as well as have a deep understanding of the business and product needs that they can use to help the others on the team understand and accurately estimate and complete requirements.
This role directly reports to our VP of Engineering.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer?
- Work with company leaders to create a tech-forward culture that thinks outside the box and delivers solutions that make a measurable difference.
- Help improve existing solutions and products
- Build new products from scratch
- Provide technical leadership for the rest of the team
- Lead the architecture and implementation of software solutions
- Help select and implement new technologies and architectures
- Develop and enforce processes and standards to ensure product quality and consistency
- Hold yourself and others accountable to sprint commitments
- Help ensure that roadmap items are correctly estimated and that the team is adequately resourced to meet deadlines
- Ensure that the team has buy-in on requirements and solutions
Who is the ideal Senior Software Engineer?
- Problem-Solver: Can troubleshoot any problem to some degree. Knows where the limit of their ability exists and when to ask for help.
- Self-Starter: Does not need daily direction, able to proactively take steps to solve issues and does not allow blocks to prevent them from making meaningful progress.
- Detail oriented: Ensures small things, like code readability, code comments, unit tests and project file organization are completed to a reasonable degree.
- Accountable: does not pass the buck when things go wrong and accepts feedback in 1:1s and code reviews.
- Dynamic / Change Tolerant: Able to adapt to new technology stacks. Capable of working with offshore teams.
What are the requirements for the Senior Software Engineer role?
- Bachelor’s or higher in computer science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in full stack development
- Preferred Skills: React, React Native, Node, GraphQL, SQL, Firebase, Firestore, GCP, Kafka, Elastic Search/Algolia/Typesense
- Be located in or around the Charlotte area and able to commute to our office as needed
What are the perks of being the Senior Software Engineer?
- Ability to get in on the ground floor and have a significant impact at one of Charlotte’s fastest growing franchise companies
- Opportunities to grow in the marketing field
- Direct and regular access to thought leaders in the startup, franchising, and laundry industries
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k, and an Employee Assistance Program
- FREE Telehealth program for all employees and their dependents (regardless of tenure)
- Unlimited PTO policy that our employees actually use!
- Working with a supportive, driven team working to build our startup into a nationally recognized brand
- Free laundry!
2ULaundry and LaundroLab are equal opportunity employers. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment representative of a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Employment is decided solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.